DGM lib for Ubuntu

Semantic Image Segmentation with Conditional Random Fields
Florian Jordan

DGM lib for Ubuntu

Postby Florian Jordan » Tue Jan 26, 2016, 01:09

I've found your c++ library for graphical models that has a tool for Conditional Random fields implemented, which is very interesting for me, because I am currently trying to segment an image into several segments. But you only provide the build library for Windows and you also didn't mention how to that on Ubuntu.
So I'd like to ask if it is possible to use this library on an ubuntu pc and how I can build the library, because I don't know much about this.
Thank you for your time.

Creator

Re: DGM lib for Ubuntu

Postby Creator » Tue Jan 26, 2016, 01:34

The DGM library was never built in Linux. However, it is written, using only C++, so theoretically it might be ported to Ubuntu. You may take one of the options:
  • Write a makefile for the library and then use make command in Ubuntu in order to build it. This link might help here.
  • Or port the library, using the visual studio: This link may help here.

Please, let me know, if you could port the library. In this case I could upload the manual how to do this on the website.

Florian Jordan

Postby Florian Jordan » Tue Jan 26, 2016, 01:45

Thank you for the links. I am going to try if I can make the library usable in Linux and if it is successful I am going to mail you how I have done it.

Paperclip

Postby Paperclip » Thu Jun 29, 2017, 09:14

Hey,
Were you able to use the library on ubuntu?

Paperclip

Postby Paperclip » Thu Jun 29, 2017, 09:15

Florian Jordan wrote:Thank you for the links. I am going to try if I can make the library usable in Linux and if it is successful I am going to mail you how I have done it.

Hey Florian,
Were you able to use it on Ubuntu?
If yes, could you help me out and tell me how you did it?

Creator

Postby Creator » Sun Jul 02, 2017, 00:43

Hi, Paperclip
actually, Florian submitted no solution to build the DGM under Ubuntu.
However, since then, the DGM library has now CMake files.
I am sure that a Linux expert could modify CMakelists.txt with the cmake/types.h.in files to build the DGM with gcc in Ubuntu.

Creator

Postby Creator » Fri Feb 22, 2019, 13:47

Starting from version 1.7.0 the DGM library supports Linux. In particular it was tested with Ubuntu 18.04 and gcc 7.3.0. Please refer to the Installation Guide for more details.

Return to “Direct Graphical Models”